IA ADVANCED ULTEGRA DISC BRAKE TT BIKE
Our very first bike was made for one of the greatest triathletes in history—Paula Newby-Fraser—who rode her stealth black Felt B2 to multiple world championship victories. Since then, we’ve never stopped pursuing the ideal triathlon racing machine. The IA is the culmination of 30 years of iterative design and painstaking development, and its results at the highest level of competition speak for themselves. So we can tell you that the IA is the most aerodynamic bike in the world. We can also say that it’s the best-handling triathlon bike on the planet. But what we should really mention is that the IA won the Kona World Championship a staggering six times in a row, and it holds both bike and overall course records across the lava fields of Hawaii. So, really, what else do you need to know?
- Every racecourse is different, with varying elevation gains, road curvature, and, of course, an endless variety of wind, both in terms of velocity and direction. After endless simulated modeling, wind tunnel testing, and real-world riding of prototypes, countless new designs were scrutinized, updated, and tested again, the cycle repeating anew. The result is a bike worthy of carrying on the legendary IA name, one also featuring the improved performance that disc brakes bring to the riding experience. It’s not merely fast in a straight line—it’s faster in all conditions.
- Disc brakes are the best means of controlling a bicycle. Period. Plus, they perform better in adverse weather conditions. Wherever the road takes you, and in whatever conditions you find yourself, the disc brake-equipped IA gives you the confidence to tackle any racecourse. To accommodate the added stopping forces provided by disc brakes, the IA features thru-axles rather than traditional quick-release skewers. It’s a proven design that provides a more secure interface between the bicycle frame and the wheel, which also enhances the stiffness of the frame-and-wheel connection. We also offer a version of the IA with rim brakes for athletes who still prefer that classic feel.
- The IA comes equipped with Felt’s latest top tube storage solution, the integrated CALpac 2.0. This storage unit features ample space for all of the riding essentials to which a rider needs quick and easy access. Likewise, the IA includes the BTSpac storage device, located behind the seat tube. This unit is ideal for a flat tire repair kit and/or on-the-go tool kit, or any other items that a rider doesn’t require while pedaling on the bike. Its shape has been aerodynamically optimized for the IA, meaning that it creates no penalty in terms of aerodynamic drag.
- Intended Use- Triathlon/TT
- Wheel Size- 700c
- Braking System- Hydraulic Disc
- Frame Material- Carbon
- Fork Material- Carbon
- Frame- Felt IntegratedAero x | UHC Advanced + TeXtreme carbon fiber
- Fork- Felt IntegratedAero Dagger Disc | UHC Advanced + TeXtreme carbon fiber
- Bottom Bracket- Shimano BBR60
- Chain- Shimano Ultegra HG701
- Crank- Shimano Ultegra R8000, 52/36T
- Shift Levers- microSHIFT A11, TRI/TT
- Cassette- Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-28T
- Front Derailleur- Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur- Shimano Ultegra R8000, short cage
- Grips/Bartape- Felt EVA arm pads with anti-microbial cover and Felt Gel tape
- Handlebar- BaseBar: Devox Bayonet 3.1 | SuperLite aluminum / Extensions: Devox Ergomod | aluminum
- Stem- Felt Dagger 31.8 | Lite aluminum
- Saddle- ISM PS1.1
- Seatpost- Felt AeroTRI IL 1.0 VM | UHC Advanced carbon fiber
- Front Brake- Disc, Flat Mount | Ø140mm minimum
- Rear Brake- Disc, Flat Mount | Ø140mm minimum
- Front Wheel- Reynolds AR58/62 DB Custom, Shimano
- Rear Wheel- Reynolds AR58/62 DB Custom, Shimano
- Tire- Continental Grand Sport Race, 700x25c
- Pedal- platform
- Weight(Apprx)- 9.98 kg